Monday, December 28, 2009

What are your parenting styles?

I was just wondering all the different parenting styles, like what u and the lil one do during the day, what activities do u do things of that sort just curious thanks in advanced!What are your parenting styles?
My son is almost three and we have done this since he was tiny. Every morning when I get him up we watch cartoons on Noggin (it is a commercial free kid's channel geared more towards toddlers) so we learn things and he loves the songs. I try to help him interact when there is something to learn. This gives me time to wake up and have some coffee since my son happens to be my alarm clock. I tried getting up before him but it always woke him up and then he was cranky. After cartoons and breakfast we play with his toys for a bit and if the weather is nice we go outside and play for about 30 min. After his nap I let him play by himself. It helps him be independent and gives me some me time. (And by himself I mean I'm watching him but not participating) I try to make sure I tickle and hold him a lot. Anything involving physical contact. It helps with bonding. If he is being really hyper and I need to wear him out I turn on the children's music station on sirus satellite and we dance our legs off. It helps him burn energy and helps me burn off that pesky baby weight. When he was too little to dance and he was fussy I would set him in my lap with his back on my chest and wiggle to the songs. He thought is was hilarious. Basically I act like a total goofball to entertain him and keep him active. You will find a routine that works for you as you figure out what makes your child happy. No matter how experienced a parent sounds you just have to remember that we are all fumbling around in the dark learning as we go. Nurture, play, teach, love. And of course discipline! be firm and consistent. No one likes a spoiled child and no one enjoys raising one. I hope this was helpful.What are your parenting styles?
I am an occasionally spanking, pro-breastfeeding, disposible diapers using, chart hanging, occasionally co-sleeping, TV allowing, healthy food making, ex-teen parent.





My kids and I sing songs, they help me clean up, we play, we watch cartoons, we go outside (on days when it's not freezing butt) we visit grandma, and we play online.
i'm not a parent, but i hope you are NOTHING like my mom.





see for yourself:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AthVzIYP2KnaKlqitPzIOfl57hR.;_ylv=3?qid=20090223142231AAWlUDs

No comments:

Post a Comment