Thursday, January 21, 2010

Did a parenting/baby book help in the beginning?

Just wondering if books ';What to Expect the First Year'; are helpful in the beginning?





Thanks.Did a parenting/baby book help in the beginning?
Eh, not really. ';What to Expect the First Year'; is just a generalized manual, with about 3-4 pages devoted to each month. Good if you're wanting to just see what certain milestones can be expected, but not helpful it you have a specific question.





If you are just wanting a ';parenting manuel'; for the first few months, I would buy a book that is just geared for newborns. That way the entire book is about questions that you have right now. I have no idea what type of parenting you plan on doing, but make sure you buy a book that is supportive of that type. For example, I co-sleep, so I didn't buy/read anything that didn't support that..etc.Did a parenting/baby book help in the beginning?
i read ';The Baby Book, everything you need to know about your baby from birth to age two'; by dr. william Sears when i was pregnant with my first... it was REALLY useful.... it changed my whole view on parenting and how to care for a new baby!!! i'm really glad i read it, and i recommend it to everyone.
Honestly.....No, they did not. I have found that no book, no source, no website, no nothing has helped. I have learned everything myself- Being a Mom and Parent. You learn your child and you learn how to parent. I honestly think its a god sent given gift to parents. God will let you know what to do.Therefore, I don't rely on anything but my mind, my husbands mind, and God. You will learn- You cant always go by a book...You go by what YOU think is right.
I really only used it when it came to ... 'what is THAT rash?' and we would use the book!





In the 'What to Expect when Expecting'; book... I did not read the breastfeeding chapter until AFTER I gave birth... which I regretted : ) So, if you are planning to breastfeed, read that chapter now!
yeah they are a good resource, but I wouldn't base my parenting on what the book says or suggests. It's just good to get ideas. I read ';What to expect when expecting multiples'; and that had some good insight on what I may or may not be experiencing.
What to Expect When You're Expecting is helping me a lot during my pregnancy, and so I'm assuming that that book you mentioned will help me as well. =)
as long as you love your baby, the rest will come naturally. only refer to the books when you are completely stumped. rely on primitive instinct



YES! I referred to it a lot in the beginning....
yea they did even being pregnant with my 3rd baby they did helped a lot
  • shiseido
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment