Saturday, January 23, 2010

What right does my ex.husband and his new wife have to be critical of me or my parenting skills?

I am mom of 7 kids and on my 3 rd hopefully final marriage happily.I met my ex.husband when i was studying abroad in London he was a lawyer it was love at first sight.


I was a single mom of a son who was 2 yrs old at the time but being raised by my parents back in the states temporarliy but i choose to omit that fact till after our wedding.Thats when i found out he disliked kids /did not want any but it was too late because i was pregnant with my 1st daughter.We divorced when she was just a baby.He wanted nothing to do with her prefering to just send a check.Afterward i fell for a french business man, had my 2 nd daughter and found out he as married.I remarried and had my 3 rd daughter but i was widowed after 8 months.I returned to the U.S.A and later wed my eldest sons dad.I have been happily wed for the last 10 yrs,had 4 more kids and have a very stable family life.But my ex.husband and his new wife who only recently steped into the picture feel they can be critical over my past?What right does my ex.husband and his new wife have to be critical of me or my parenting skills?
He has a critical past also, to feel he has the right to criticize you is very wrong.





Don't listen to him or even let him get to you. He was a jerk while you were with him and still being a jerk to you now.


If he and his new wife criticize you in front of your child, your child will get tired of it fast. You are her mother and the one who has always been there.





His new wife don't know you only of you. Have a judge sign an order telling them to quit making derogatory and false statements in front of your children (if he is) this way you can make a choice to haul them both into court for tearing down your relationship with your child/children.





Who cares about your past.......live for today.What right does my ex.husband and his new wife have to be critical of me or my parenting skills?
See...this is what I don't get about most folks. Why are you so concerned about what everyone else thinks about you anyway? What really matters is what YOU and YOU alone think. And what your children think about you. If everyone else wants to participate in helping you to parent your children then maybe they can offer subjective and objective criticism that will help you to be a better parent. If not...tell them to f*** off.
If he's never been there, it's not his business. Plus, he was married and didn't tell you. Creep. Ask his new wife if she's sure he doesn't have another family somewhere else.
Well if you look at it from an outsiders point I can kind of see what they might be talking about. Don't take that wrong.. Why not communicate with them that this is how you raise your kids and that he has chosen not to be apart of the raising so he should be less judgmental and proud that you raised his daughter and that he should of been there if he wanted a say.,
Just ask them the next time how they think the fact that her father did not want anything to do with her might have influenced her and that given the fact that she is 15 now and doing pretty darn good, you think you have done a bang up job without any help from either of them.
why do u care what they think? look u have Ur daughter right? yes.


he has not been in this child's life, by what u say. he only sends a check. is he feeling guilty all of the sudden?


what i think is that he should be the one being questioned, hes the one that didn't want children, remember?.


its a good thing that u finally found a man that respects and cherishes you, don't let that jerk and jerket try to criticize Ur past, Ur being a great mom, and that's all that matters
My strong opinion to your ex Londoner, who didn't like kids in the first place take his London bloody fog comment and stick so far up his London brigde that he can't come down!! Just remind him what he told you when you told him about you having his first child. That he doesn't want nothing to do with her. Just because he remarried and got a son (that he accept) and he want to bad mouth you about your past. And his wife want to put in her two cents as well. Tell he to take care of their son and leave the daughter business with you. As long she is happy with you and well taken care of, let him said what he want and let it go out your other ear.
Unless they have a court order forcing visitation do not send her to London anymore.
I'm sorry -- I'm a bit confused. Would this be the English Barrister that you're having problems with?





If so, tell him he relinquished all rights to parenting when he decided he'd rather just write that check every month. If he feels he has a ';case'; for custody, tell him you'll see him in court. Otherwise, he can keep his trap shut.





After 7 kids and at least 4 relationships (that I can count from your statement) and NO record that you even elude to of child rearing issues, I would say that he has no room to squawk. Tell him to go knock up his current wife and leave you alone.
well, it sounds like he has never been there in the first place, so what right does he have to criticize you. people do what they need to do to get by. that's what you did. who cares what they think?
Question their upbringing.
Its the wife who is causing all the camotion. This man only wanted to send a check, no he thinks he is daddy of the year.


I would tell her ';Listen up honey, he only wanted to be a check daddy, he told me he disliked kids, If I were you I would take note. But until then stay out my face and out my business, What ever kind of mother I am I was a better mother than he will ever be as a father'; See what she says to that, and remind him of the deal he made regarding his child.
JEEZ 7 KIDS, U'VE BEEN KEEPING BUSY
With 7 kids sounds like you should be to busy to get really concerned,about what your ex has to say.By the way does he have any kids with this marriage.If not and he wasnt around to raise your daughter i fail to see why he even should attempt to be critical of you.Sounds like you and your husband has things under controll,I think that I would tell mr.Ex just keep putting the checks in the mail and let you do the raising.
why are you worrying about what your EX and his wife thinks?
Sounds like he's the one to blame.
your past speaks for itself.
I'm curious as to why the parental rights of this ex weren't stripped when you got married this time since the ex wanted nothing to do with your child. My advice is to seek to have his rights stripped, and your husband can adopt all the kids that aren't his.





Now as far as your daughter's behavior, that's typical of kids whose parents aren't married. In this case, the father didn't even want her, probably still wouldn't if it didn't somehow benefit him, which is why I encourage having his rights stripped.





As an add on..since there's no court ordered visitation, there's probably no child support, either. Have his rights stripped and like I said, maybe your husband can adopt the kids that aren't his. It would really be the wisest thing, anyway. What if something should happen to you? He'd only be able to keep what's legally his.
They can only be critical if you give them the power to be critical. Dont listen to them.
no one is perfect. so my answer is no.. i dont think they have any right to say jack crap about your parenting skills... heck, this comign from the guy who'd rather send a check then love to his kids? remind him of THAT next time he goes to say something.





but good lord lady.. 7 kids!? i feel lightheaded!!

No comments:

Post a Comment