Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do you support or oppose same-sex parenting?

I support it. Your thoughts?Do you support or oppose same-sex parenting?
I support any loving couple that has enough love to raise a child that would otherwise languish in the foster care/orphanage system.Do you support or oppose same-sex parenting?
I support it when it comes to harder to adopt children that would otherwise just be in foster homes or orphanages.





However, if a child has the opportunity to be adopted to a family with both a mother and a father, then that child should be given that opportunity.





Despite what people like to claim men and women are diff and bring unique strengths to a childs life. If you can give the child both parents, why deny them that? Its not about whats best for the adoptive parents. Its about whats best for the child.





I dont think the state should regulate any kind of natural reproductive parenting choices, however, when it comes to biological parents and children (like if a gay couple finds a way to have their own child), unless there is a danger to a child.


That is a bit too much power for the state to have.
I support. Everyone should have the right to be a parent.





Edit: Those who oppose same-sex parenting, do you realize that banning same-sex adoption will only send more children to orphanages and foster homes? Do you care more about justifying your religious beliefs than the lives of thousands of children?
I support it. I know same sex couples with children and those children as as well adjusted as the children of heterosexual friends. Most same sex couples make sure their children have relationships with the opposite of their gender through friends and family so they don't lack role models in either gender.





I think the most important thing for children is two parents that love them.
I support both same sex parenting as well as same sex marriage. I've seen a lot of heterosexual couples who abuse and/or neglect their children. I've also seen same sex couples who are being overlooked who can financially and emotionally support children and are denied because they don't fit the physical ';traditional family'; roles.
Honestly, I used to be somewhat uncomfortable with the idea. However i have seen examples of gay/lesbian couples raising children and the only thing that is different from having straight parents is the teasing at school. It seems like a perfectly healthy family to me otherwise.
I grew up with a mother and father. Call me old fashioned. My mother was there for me when I scraped my knee and my father was there to play baseball with me. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Support it 110%. The is no evidence to suggest that a same-sex couple could not lovingly and effectively raise a wonderful child!
If someone can support a stable, loving, sane environment for a child, then I support them being able to take in one of the countless unwanted children tossed into foster homes.
Fully Support! There are so many kids that are abused and mistreated by straight couples. They turn out kids that are screwed up. Why deny two ADULTS the right to love a child and raise them correctly?
Of course I support it. Same-sex parents can love their children just as much as hetero parents can.
Oppose.I would not want 2 daddies or 2 mommies!A man cannot be a mom and a woman cannot be a dad.
Fine with me.





I've never heard a single logical argument against it. Not one.
NO
As long as the child is loved and cared for I don't care.
Support it; I've seen it do a great job with two kids!
why not? yes!!!!
While it's hard on the kids, I'm fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment