Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Please recommend an alternative to co-parenting classes. My ex-wife refuses to participate?

We have a 2 year old son, joint custody. Communication regarding our child goes only one way. Is there a class that I can take to help me deal with her behavior and make sure that my son doesn't get psychologically beat up in the process? I am located in the Denver/Colorado Springs area.Please recommend an alternative to co-parenting classes. My ex-wife refuses to participate?
talk to your ex n explain how its going to affect the kid in the process...Please recommend an alternative to co-parenting classes. My ex-wife refuses to participate?
How ideas are presented are just as important as the idea. Take a look at how you are doing it and see if there is a gentler way to do it. Start the classes yourself and see if she responds later. If she is being a real [ you know what ] about it then ask a lawyer.Parenting takes 2 your son needs both of you especially when he gets older.
I think it is great that you are being proactive for your childs best interest. It's a shame that she isn't willing to do the same. I happened across this article and it involves blended families and such. The article itself may not be of much help to you, because it deals with setting boundaries, exes interfering and stuff, but I also found this woman's website who wrote the article. She does counseling by email and phone and I believe has seminars. Not sure where she is located, but check it out. It may be able to help you deal with your Ex's behavior.





Website - http://www.weyantweb.com/





If you scroll down on her webpage it actually says that if ';you are a co-parent who needs a seasoned post-divorce mediator with specific, effective training and methods';.





Again, I don't know anything about her or if she could help. I only thought I would pass the info on, since it seems to be what you may need. Any counselor could probably help you, so find out about fee's and all that. Best of luck and hang in there!!
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment