Saturday, January 23, 2010

Parents over 30 do you ever feel like you are so old compared to the rest of the regulars in YA! parenting sec?

I am only 33 but sometimes I feel like an old hag here!:-)Parents over 30 do you ever feel like you are so old compared to the rest of the regulars in YA! parenting sec?
I try to compensate by being immature.Parents over 30 do you ever feel like you are so old compared to the rest of the regulars in YA! parenting sec?
I'm 40 and I do notice that it seems everyone is in their early 20's. But, we are all in the same boat raising young children with the same questions and problems. Most answers I see are intelligent and thoughtful and don't seem immature to me. Just because you are young and raising children doesn't mean you don't have lots to offer. Although I am older in life and may have more life experience, I still question how to handle my sick child, how to deal with tantrums, etc.
If it makes you feel any better, I just turned 21. And yet, my bones creak/crack when I change positions, if I don't dye my hair there are a few grays in it, and I can feel it in my knees and elbows when it's going to rain.





You're not a hag. :-) I prefer the term ';mature'; when dealing with people from generations before me.





I look like I'm 15, I'm actually 21, and I feel like an unheathy 45. :-(
Of course! I'm in my mid 40's and see lots of mean-spirited and immature people here. Sometimes it's amusing, other times just pointless. YOu can always tell who really knows what they are talking about opposed to those who are full of it. You know your old if you had and 8 track player in your 1st car and no computers in your high school.
I am not over 30, but since you love me, I am adding my 5 cents worth here.





Most of my favourite contacts are over 30. Actually, most of my friends in reality are over 30. I don't feel any of the people who answered here are old.


Look at Mozz, she is my online best friend. She most certainly isn't old, she is very young, hip and happening in my mind. If I didn't know her age, I would have thought she was only in her mid 20s. Same with you.





I am only 24yo, but I had to grow up to be who I am. I am often mistaken on here, for being older than I am.


Old Hag, I think not. The majority of my contacts (and Des) give real advice, and have fun. They don't come across as *old hags* or ancient to me.





Think yourself lucky, people don't assume your an old hag, when your only a young hag. :)
old hag. carrie i will be 41 on the 9th and i have a 4,6,9,10 year olds. i have to say we have only had them for 3 1/2 years. and i am already worn out. i too feel like a old fart on here. i am happy most of the time to see the young moms on here who have it together. its funny at 40 i have no idea what stage of my life i am in, i should be working and teens at home, but a lot of people are having kids later in life. when i pick my kids up from school i feel like grandma. its hard to fit in when a lot of my friends are in their 20-30. i feel like i should be their mom, yet we still have lots in common.
I'm 29- close enough to 30. I do if I'm in the Newborn %26amp; Baby section but not as much in parenting. In terms of stage of life- well I only have one daughter so far, but I've been married almost six years and settled into a career for quite some time. I guess I am somewhere in between.
I am 56 and feel like I have a lot to offer in the way of experience and successful actions. Am very happy to share these things.





But really I don't feel ';old'; in comparison, only more experienced.





I am pretty youthful myself, and understanding of youth.
I am 46 and my children are 5 and 7. I feel, because of my age, I have more patience and more experience, in some areas.





Age is a number. Live your life to the fullest today...it is a gift, that is why it's called ';the present';.
oh come on carrie i'm old too. i just have a young number attached to me. everyone i know thinks i'm old (okay i act it). i've kinda grown attached to it. i don't want some one thinking i'm a young whipper snapper.
ha.





most of my real-life friends are in their mid-40s and so i always feel like the kid in my real life conversations. then i come on here and feel ancient.
I am soon to be 37 and I don't give a rip really about how young the folks are on here, there is so much misinformation sometimes that I feel compelled to answer.
I'm 32, and ordinarily I feel like I'm still young. That is until I hear some crazy questions and answers that only inexperience can give.
OLD HAG?!!?!


Come on Carrie!! LOL





You are not old!!!





You're young and fun!!





AHah who makes you feel old lol


It's not like we are all sitting around eachother and you can see everyones outfits..lol





A different place in your life? Or a better place in your life?


I hate depending on people and not being able to afford everything even on a fulltime paycheck. (which is why Im going back to school in Sept. :))


I would kill to already have a home and a husband.


I know this is all on me, which is exactly why I will have that someday.


It's unfortuanate that Brody has to take the journey with me, but it will only make us stronger!





You should be happy! So happy!


I have moved houses 4 times in the last 4 months and none of my things are with me right now, just Brody and our clothes.


Live it up Carrie!!! lol
I am 33 too and the only time I feel old is when someone kindly reminds me that I am too old to be pregnant or having babies.





My daughter is 10 months old.
I'm only as old as I feel.





Too bad that today I feel like I'm 102.
I feel older than I really am. I am 38 and have a daughter who is just under two years old. That means that when she graduates I'll be 56. That just seems so old to me.
I knew I was an older mom when I had my kids, and its reconfirmed everyday when I pick my 8 yr old up from school.
I'm 37 and sometimes it seems like the crowd is young, but it doesn't stop me from hanging out! LOL
im 35 and yes i do.....its amazing how many young young people out there are having kids now, i still see them as kids themselves.
I'm only 27 and I feel that way sometimes! I'm in the Newborn and baby section most of the time, but I feel old there....
Lately I feel old everywhere I go, especially here. : )
I'm 28 so i'm getting there. Nah i feel pretty young and you should too.
I feel we have a lot to share in experience. Doesn't make me feel old. Kind of relieved in a way.
I think most of us are within a 7 to 8 year age gap. Nothing huge. :)





Age is state of mind.





holy crap- I just checked back and I have to say I'm shocked Des is 39. I thought he was 50 by the way he acts like he's so old. ha ha
I'm 33 with an 11monh old son ...


and yes i do at times feel like an elder, when onYA
I'm 32 and I feel the same way.
YES every time i come here i feel soooooooooo old ,and think to myself kids still do that ? my son is only 8

No comments:

Post a Comment