Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why do alot of people on the parenting board hate me?

what did I do to them? Do they think they know everything and I don't? I'm not a mom, but that shouldn't prevent me or inhibit me from answering legitimate questions that I think I know the answer to! Especially since I help my grandma babysit at times! Why are you all so mean?!Why do alot of people on the parenting board hate me?
Some people are like that. They are usually the same ones that if you do not have PhD or MD after your name do not listen to you though you have been doing this job for 30 years now. I would not worry about it and keep doing what makes you happy.Why do alot of people on the parenting board hate me?
Geez you people are cruel....I wish God would realize how mean you are to people you don't know and then you'll be sorry! I'm talking to musicpanther67 and everyone else who decided to go against me (marlene m). You think you know when I'm a qualified advice giver? eat sh*t!

Report Abuse



Real mature. You claim that you are grown and know about life but obviously you can't contain yourself from using ignorant words and hypocritical statements. You have a lot of learning to do. LOL. GROW UP!

Report Abuse



so what if I'm a hypocrite, many people are too proud to admit they are. And why are THEY mean? What have I done to ';deserve'; their scolding? I'm not some kid, I just want to give advice, can't you be nice or play nice? I guess not. I guess you're part of those enemies that girl was talking about.

Report Abuse



';You claim that you are grown and know about life but obviously you can't contain yourself from using ignorant words and hypocritical statements.';





Why can't I? I've had enough of these people stalking me and being mean to me. Go in my shoes for one day and maybe you'll understand.

Report Abuse



How old are you? You're probably younger than me and jealous! And why are you telling me to grow up? who are you? My mother? I can be as immature as I want, and that doesn't mean I don't know anything about life and the world!

Report Abuse



Yes, you can be as immature as you want but if you're going to do that you have to deal with the consequences--people actually pointing it out to you. If you want to be taken seriously then you need to be mature.

Report Abuse



I鈥檓 sorry you got a thumbs down. LOL. Let鈥檚 all cry for you. Your parenting advise must not be very well if you get a thumbs down every time you answer a question. As for a Y!A stalker鈥een there, done that. Get over it!

Report Abuse



You poor deprived girl. You have people who don鈥檛 like your answers on Y!A and you鈥檙e going to get this worked up about it. Just look at the world around you--and this is what you鈥檙e concerned about? LOL!

Report Abuse



As for Little Mermaid. She's a good friend of mine. We talk almost daily. I don't think that we're ';enemies.'; LOL. If Y!A is all you have to worry about--you need a life.

Report Abuse



Vato- Honey, you know your not one of my enemies. LOL To the asker-girl, dont let it get you down. You'll find nice people on here, and jerks. It is unavoidable.

Report Abuse



But really, Vato is a nice person. She could be a great friend if you gave her a chance. We dont always agree, but so what? She is still my friend.

Report Abuse



Believe it or not, I met her on here. Go figure. Shows there are some nice people on here.

Report Abuse



Is this for real? You honestly care what people on a chat board think of you? How cute.

Report Abuse



Oh wah wah wah. Trust me, when you have kids you will understand that baby sitting is NOTHING like having kids of your own.


And I seriously hope you were not referring to me as a stalker as I could really care less about the question, the answers you got, or the reply you have responded with.

Report Abuse



I never referred to you as a stalker. Maybe you are talking about someone else, but haven't you heard of online ettiquette? I guess you threw that away the minute you logged on! Music Panther kiss my ****!

Report Abuse



And babysitting DOES give you some background on how to raise kids! If you differ in opinion, why can't you be nice about it?

Report Abuse



And chloe, yes, and yes, it's for real...what's so funny about it? I get hurt with what people say...i'm a human with emootions and feelings! As if you didn't know!

Report Abuse



One more thing...so tell me....are you all happy insulting and offending others here? If you are, don't come my way!

Report Abuse



I can't believe this. So, while people are dying in Iraq you sit around and get upset over Y!A? So, while people are grieving their loved ones who were murdered in the VT massacre you worry about who 'hates' you?

Report Abuse



I've read some of your questions and apparently you think everyone 'hates' you. What I find funny is how worked up you are getting over a stupid website. YOU asked for opinions but when you got them you ended up 'offended.' You asked for it...

Report Abuse



Why don't you grow up? You complain that people get upset at you for answering and here you are crying about the same thing. And just because you babysit 'sometimes' does not mean you know one thing about children. Don't complain about someone doing the same thing you're doing!
Outspoken, Doesnt listen to what other parents think, Is loud, Views are narrow-minded, shows no concern for other parents situations, has absurd proposals and ideas for the school.
I agree with the first answer. I have been around children my whole life and have been babysitting since I was 15. Then I had my own child and I felt like I didn't know anything. It's because I didn't. When you go from being an aunt to a parent you go through things you never have had to deal with before. I hesitate offering parenting advice now. You really have no idea what you are talking about unless you are a parent or work with children. If I were you I would stay off the parenting forum until you squeeze a kid out or go to school and get a degree that says you know what you are talking about. Sorry, it's just my opinion.
You say some people are just to sensitive, sounds like you are too. Don't worry what people on here think about you, they don't know you. I worked in a daycare before having kids and I thought I knew what I was doing and it is really totally different when there your own. And it is ok to give your opinion, but I know as for me I wouldn't take your opinion because you can't relate to me because you don't have kids, I would want someones opinion that is going through the same things. And you can't say you wouldn't do the same.
Dont worry, I have some enemies on here too. Just remember, you don't know these people in real life and will never meet them in person.





But just understand, that even though you have experience with kids through your grandma, it is limited. There is actually a big difference between babysitting and actually raising a child. I learned this myself, when I had my first child. Just understand that some parents really resent someone giving them advice, when they have no real parenting experience. You will meet nice people on here, and you will meet hateful, judgemental people, and you will meet some who think they are parenting experts. If you feel that you have a valid opinion on a subject, answer it. No one can stop you from answering a question on here. They can choose to share it or not, but there is no need to be hateful about it.
I agree with the above poster as well. I babysat all my life and thought I knew kids inside and out. Then I had my own and wow, I didn't know anything. I still learn everyday as a parent. Everything I did for my kids, didn't work on my nephew. He was an exact opposite. The advice given on here is exactly that, advice. From people who have kids, to the ones that are familiar with kids. Noone has a perfect answer, noone.


If you think you know something in regards to a subject, sure, share your answer. It doesn't mean anybody will like it, nor do they have to. If they want to thumbs down, so be it. You know how you feel and that's all that is important. I get thumbs down and at first it kinda irked me. But then I realized, I don't care. I don't know these people and they don't know me. For all I know, they can be these weird people that just go around giving random thumbs down. Just ignore them and move on with it.





Just to add in, I just went through and read some of your answers to some of the parenting questions. I can see why some people would not agree with your advice. I'm not bad mouthing you or looking for a fight, I thought I would just let you know my OPINION. It's not coming from your experience, it's coming from your grandma's experience. Looking at the the question, why won't the 2 year old sit still during a story. You suggest ADD. I know of noone who has ever been diagnosed with that at that age. ADD/ADHD isn't recommended for diagnosis until at least the age of 5-7. A 2 year old has the attention span of a fly, that's why they can't sit still for long.


Again, I am not attacking you, just giving my input.
';Why do alot of people on the parenting board hate me?'; Oh dear child, you give yourself so much more importance in the lives of those here on this board to beleive that anyone here would actually ';hate'; you. Honey you don't merit that much emotion on my part at least. So quit your whining about it.
If you are willing to give out your opinion then you should know that you are opening yourself up to criticism, you put yourself out there so open your mind. You could learn a thing or two.
Don't let them all get you riled up. There are so many cliques on this site and they tend to stalk ones they hate and give them the thumbs down or vote for their own answers to rise to the top. They don't know you personally right? It can all be written to you but most would be too chicken to say all that infront of your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment