Thursday, January 21, 2010

Will trained parenting skills for ages 3-18 years of age reduce the statistics of abused & neglected children?

Children begin playing with dolls at a young age..as toddlers. Today the parenting classes are limited to the parents who are all ready facing crimes for abuse and/or neglect charges to their children.


Nurses, as well as educated professionals will be the teachers; the method is by playing with the dolls as toddlers on up to college students on a much more professional level.


Please let me know what you think, and thank you for you opinion and thoughts on the matter.Will trained parenting skills for ages 3-18 years of age reduce the statistics of abused %26amp; neglected children?
It may make some difference, but I don't think it will make a huge difference. The people who abuse children do so for all kinds of reasons, and this method may eliminate the abuse of those who just don't know any better, a group that probably constitutes a small proportion of abusers. It may not eliminate the abuse of those who are angry for various reasons, who are mentally challenged themselves, who are sociopaths or psychopaths, who are pedophiles, etc. Most people understand the reasons to not abuse children.Will trained parenting skills for ages 3-18 years of age reduce the statistics of abused %26amp; neglected children?
I'm not sure I completely understand the method you are describing but the general idea would appear to benefit society.





I would like to add that I am not in favor of children in middle or elementary school carrying around sacks of flour or even dolls outside school to teach them about responsibility.
What is this? Dolls 101? Your ruining intelligence
It couldn't hurt - I think what's most important is love, time and also Iearning as much as you can on how best to take care of your child.
i dont know if it will make any diffrence, BUT it wont make the situation any worse.





i think at that age though most kids dont plan on having kids, or even think about it too much, so i dont think they would take it seriously and like so much we teach our kids in school they will forget it and not listian because they dont think its relvent, so it will be a waste of time.
I'm a student studying children and I plan to own day cares.





I think the more a parent knows, the better a parent will be. it makes sense.





I think ALL parents, both mother and father should be forced to take parenting courses. I feel that children are not being treated properly, they're being left alone at a young age, fed fast food, junk, and easy to make microwave ';food'; and drinking nothing but pop.





I'm only 19 and am not a mother. I have too much to do before having children but I've worked in day cares and I've seen what is going on and it is horrible.





I don't think playing with dolls is going to change anything. I played with dolls as a child and I don't think it makes me any more nurturing than someone who hasn't.








However on the topic of dolls. I want to voice my opinion on the ';Baby: think it over'; electronic doll that is used in High Schools.


I took parenting in grade 11. My doll was on the hardest level plus colic. The doll cried maybe 3 times during the night and it only lasted at the most 20 minutes. During the day my doll was fairly quiet. Only cried for a diaper change, feeding, and the occasional cry of attention. It was not hard at all, and it was def. not colicy as I've dealt with truly colic children. It is not fun!





That doll is only telling teenagers that having a child is a walk in the park. IT IS NOT. Having a child is a major responsibility and I think that doll is okay for giving a rough idea as to how you're going to have to cart around a child or find babysitters but for the rest it did nothing.
no....parents need to be licensed to concieve a child first... only then will all this abuse and neglect end...

No comments:

Post a Comment