Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Belief of attachement parenting?

I am just curious how many of you believe in attachment parenting instead of training your baby to do what is convenient for you. Has anyone read any of William and Martha Sears books?Belief of attachement parenting?
I am defiently AP and I love it!! And its not a new trend, just something Western Society does but most of the rest of the world does, and has done since forever haha.





And I personally love the Sears and there books!Belief of attachement parenting?
I read ';The Pregnancy Book'; by Sears, and I liked it, but I modified it a bit to more of what I thought worked better for my family. I'm in between. I'm for cry it out, but I'm also for demand feeding. I think that it has to be situation by situation, kid by kid. For example, I don't like the idea of co-sleeping, but if I had a child who would simply NOT sleep on her own, I'd do it. Hope that makes sense...
Good for you for reading and considering different styles.





I cannot believe that one of the answers you received was that she hasn't read any books at all. Poor child!





AP is great for building strong families and healthy children!
What is ';attachment'; parenting anyways? A new catch-phrase? As if we didn't have enough ';trends'; in parenting. I wonder why people just don't follow their own instincts instead of going along with every new fad that comes along...
I consider myself an attached parent. It works well for our family, and I think my kids are happy and secure as a result.





I really enjoy the Sears' books. I think they have a good balance of information, are well researched, and are generally helpful.
Ive never read any book. i only do what is good for me and my baby. baby needs someone to look after them, why did we have a baby? to look after him, to love and care for him, to always attend to his needs, not to only do those things when i want to and when its convenient for me. that's why babies are called babies, because they are innocent little creatures of God that need looking after when THEY want you to. this vulnerability doesn't last for long. before you know it they wot need you anymore, so while they do,make the most of these special moments with them!
I follow my instincts; which seem to fall in line with the attachment parenting idea. I am a co-sleeping, breastfeeding, feeding on demand, baby wearing momma. And I'm PROUD! LOL
I agree with alana, I've always followed my instincts with how I parent my child. Everybody has different parenting ';styles'; let's not put a label on it........
It's funny how we change.





With my first, I was all about training the baby to do this and that. When I had my next, I understood that babies are only babies for such a short time, why hurry all the time?





So I鈥檝e been much more into attachment parenting the second time. I love my baby slings that let me keep the baby near and my hands free, I love responding to his cues rather than forcing him into anything. I think with my next I might even be more AP!





I haven't read the Sears' books, but I love their website and use it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment