Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What are your parenting styles?

i was watching 'Wife Swap' %26amp;%26amp; I was seeing alot of different ways people parent! I wanna know how you discipline, what u do on a normal day, how much money you spend on them, how nice you are, do you let them be free, AND SOOOO MUCH MORE. i just think it was interesting.. and plus i 鈾?that show. Sooo., how do you parent?What are your parenting styles?
i have dogs and they're my babies, they get lots of cuddlesWhat are your parenting styles?
I believe in attachment parenting, as coined my Dr. Sears. It is a gentle approach to parenting. Generally, parents that attachment parent are more oriented towards breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, etc. and are against spanking as a means of discipline. As far as discipline is concerned, I do believe it is necessary to strike a balance. I believe in using principles of behavior modification as presented by modern psychologists to achieve good behavior.
Well, I had been trying to be an attachment parenting 100% all the time mom but that was NOT WORKING for me. I give total and complete kudos to those who do it. I think it's fantastic for the children but it was literally making me crazy. I have 2 year old twins, one of them now has a broken leg :-( and I have a 7 month old as well.





I am now just a regular trying my best mom.





I try to be attachment parenting but my son isn't attached to me all the time anymore. I just can't carry him all the time. I don't leave him to cry it out or anything but I have worked over the past few weeks on getting him used to playing on the floor or using his walker to get around.





I use time-out with my toddlers if they misbehave and fail to listen to me when I try to redirect them. That isn't attachment parenting to do that.





I have also introduced my son to bottles. I am glad I did, too... because it helps my poor boobies. He has been teething and he has 2 bottom teeth and that shiz can really hurt!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so laid back that people are often shocked...I let my kids be free to express themselves artistically however they want...they can paint the windows (with poster paint) they can chalk on the garden shed....they can dress up and paint their faces when they want, make cakes....they are better behaved than a lot of their frineds who have much stricter parents.
I parent by one simple motto:





Remember one day she (my daughter) will either let me live with her or pick out my retirement home, either way I want to live some where nice so I better do a good job now so I won't end up living in a dump!!!





LOL
My hubby is more relaxed and Im the one who makes them behave more. I will spank. My children on the other hand are spoiled rotten. i let them be themselves as long as they respect their elders.
balance of discipline %26amp; love
Hi there..





i think if we want to describe our parenting style.. its can so long and will take much time to write in here..





you can just visit this site :


http://www.allparentingsecret.com
beat them with a broom till their bedtime, then kick themup the butt all the way up stairs
First we spank thenk we ****

No comments:

Post a Comment