Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you think it is an effective punishment (in terms of parenting) to send kids ';barefoot to bed';?

I've never heard of that before what exactly does it mean?Do you think it is an effective punishment (in terms of parenting) to send kids ';barefoot to bed';?
My kids hate wearing socks to bed anyway, so I would have to say No, it wouldn't be effective punishment in my home. Don't know about your home though.Do you think it is an effective punishment (in terms of parenting) to send kids ';barefoot to bed';?
Doesn't everyone sleep barefoot? I am confused...lol
I do not really understand.... in my family, no one really wears shoes or socks around the house anyway. I suppose if your children are accustomed to wearing socks to bed, it would work... kinda strange though.
Wait, are my kids supposed to wear shoes to bed? Oh dear...
yes of course it is effective for a parent to send a child to bed with no socks on their feet they can freeze to death in the middle of the night but even worse is sending your child to bed hungry. but punishment is punishment but cant you just take their dessert priviliges away or tv privileges away or their friend privileges away until they learn their lesson from their actions.
this needs an expiation
It would be more of a punishment for me if I had to wear socks. Try spanking or taking away privileges instead.
I think you need to get some serious help there dude.
What? Dont all kids go to bed barefoot? or do you mean you live in a cold area and they wont get to wear socks to bed..lol, I dont get the question.
ummmm I don't know of anyone who wears shoes and socks to bed. Sometimes we wear socks when it's really cold but I've always gone to bed barefooted. I would think a more effective form of punishment would be to have to wear shoes to bed...
I doubt it would be effective in general. The child would have to hate going barefoot and not have access to a pair of socks to put on. And it seems hard to imagine an offence for which such a ';punishment'; would be an appropriate response.
im not sure what that means, does it mean no food?? idk bu if so then no its malnutricien and they need it to grow...and if u just mean no socks then i guess so lol idk what u mean.
Umm...well, I've never actually heard of that punishment. In fact, when I was younger I would never sleep in socks. And to this day I don't really like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment