Thursday, May 13, 2010

What Can I Do? I Have Shared Parenting And Found Out He Has A Domestic Violence..

Ok.. This is going to be a little long.. But here goes.. October 2006.. My daughters dad took me to court for custody.. I was doing very bad at the time.. BUT.. I was taking good care of my daughter.. I wasnt working and living with an ex boyfriend.. They belittled me in court.. They didnt care that her dad wasnt around for the first 3yrs of her life!.. So I lost custody.. And now we do a shared parenting plan.. Her dad has called my townhouse complex several times making stuff up to try to get me evicted so I dont see my daughter.. I feel like I have to watch what I do all the time because he's after me.. I looked his record up online and seen a domestic violence.. I guess him and his wife made up because it said that it was dismissed.. But i was NEVER made aware of this.. And my daughter was there that night.. Also on his record is a protection order.. It says nothing about that being dropped.. So exactly what can I do about this?? If there is a protection order that would mean he has to stay away from her and the home of which my daughter lives.. So Im wondering what I can do about this.. I live in Ohio.. If that matters.. Thanks so much!What Can I Do? I Have Shared Parenting And Found Out He Has A Domestic Violence..
To change the custody agreement, generally you have to show a change of circumstances that affect the child. This domestic violence beef may have nothing to do with his wife and it may have no effect at all on your daughter's safety and well-being.





When you say that you were doing very bad at the time, that implies that you have some baggage too. If you have a history of drug or alcohol dependence, for example, a judge might still find that shared parenting is the way to go.





It's probably a lot better for your child if both you and the ex can stop looking for ways to cut the other out of her life. Shared parenting is the standard these days because a child needs two parents.





Try to find a way to get along. But if you have real evidence that your child is in danger, get a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment