Sunday, May 9, 2010

Do you feel it is your place to tell other parents when you think their way of parenting is wrong?

or do you just keep your opinions to yourself?





I am not referring to simply giving your views or opinions on how you personally would or do handle a situation with your own kids. I don't think that by doing that, a person is trying to tell another parent that their way of doing things is wrong. They are simply saying how they would do something.





By telling another parent their way is wrong, I am meaning that a person makes it their personal mission to ';educate'; others by insulting, critisizing or putting down others who do something differently than they do. Those who use articles, which are usually biased and not accurate scientific studies, to back up their beliefs. Those who as soon as they see you don't think the same way as they do, start saying your uneducated and ignorant for not seeing the ';truth'; as they believe it.





For those who do try to tell another parent they are parenting wrong, why do they do it? Does it really affect them or their kids personally?Do you feel it is your place to tell other parents when you think their way of parenting is wrong?
I would personally not say anything unless it was putting the child in danger. There are so many different ways to parent a child, and who am I to know that I am right? I think sometimes you just have to let people do their own thing...Do you feel it is your place to tell other parents when you think their way of parenting is wrong?
hi,


i think that if you are asked your oppinion then tell it but to get in someones face and just say do it my way or else is wrong because what may work for you may not work for them.


example;


i am a spanker when needed. but with my daughter a look works, with her twin i tried everything in the books before going to the frum hand to the bottom, a teacher found out that i spank him and she chose to tell me that she felt that it was wrong of me to do that , so i very nicely told her that i had done everything else when it came down to him and nothing works, and in trun she asked me to try time out with him because it works with her children. so i did as she asked as long as she was doing the same thing and not sending him to the prencipal so i did the 2 min for his age at the time he was five. and i had also told her that, that was a invitation for him to figer out what to do to her next. within one school week she found out what i was talking about. she had put him in time out seven times and each time he went into time out he would come out with a new idea to up set her. so she gave up and took me at my word, and no i did not tell him to give her hell. what i am saying is allow the parent to disapline the best way they can because you never know what she has gone through with that child that day, and just becuse you see someone spank a child doesn't all ways mean that person is being crule to the child.
those type of people wouldn't last long in our lives. Friends try to help with ideas. This sounds like someone who believes there way is the only way
Each child is different. Why is it if something works/ed for their child they feel they have the right to tell you how to handle yours? It is NONE of their business. If I had someone tell me how to treat my child I would feel obligated to point out everything that I felt they were doing wrong w/ their child, turnabout is fairplay and all that. I keep my opinion to myself unless pressed by them.





I personally feel that you can't raise a child by a book or so called experts...but hey if someone else needs to that is their own right.=)
then you should just leave them alone. you will never get it through their heads. as long as you ar a good parent and no one is abusing their children, let them be.
personally i think unless the child is in danger there is no right or wrong way. i get annoyed as heck when my sister advises me what im doing wrong (never whats right lol)
Well, theres no way on putting it anymore bluntly then by reminding the person who is criticizing that their view may be right for them, but it may be wrong to someone else. Everyone raises their children differently, all that matters is that they are taken care of and not being hurt. I personally tell the so called who ever person, thank you, but no thank you, my views on child raising are my ways. If someone asks for my opinion then I fell that it is chance to help someone who may need it, but if not, then I keep to myself. Part of parenting should be that you have to see things in different shoes sometimes, parenting is hard, and no one can say that they got it down, parenting is a life of never ending surprises. So honestly to those of you that share your views when they are not asked, keep it to yourself until someone asks you on it. Till then parents who do their thing, and feel that they are doing right, don't let someone like that stick to you and make you feel wrong, remember your children look to you not to them.
Some people have no manners.
Everyone parents their child differently, and there is no right way. I keep my opinion to myself if I do not agree with something I see a friend or family member doing. It is their child and as long as it is not hurting the child, then there is no reason to criticize.
As long as another parent is not abusing or neglecting their child, then it's none of your business.


People who are insecure and unsure of their own decisions are more likely to criticize someone who has made different decisions.
I don't say anything unless it affects my kids or can hurt someone or something. After some kid kicked my son (then 3) at a McDonalds playland, I grabbed the boy (around 6 or 7) and told him to take me to his mom. I was able to walk right up to her table without her even noticing that I had her son by the arm. I told her she needed to pay more attention to what her son was doing and less to the gossip they were spreading at the table (it seemed like a play date). When other kids hurt mine and there is no parental intervention on their part, that's when I lose my cool. It's my expression of a lioness and her cubs.
I think people should mind their own business unless a parent is clearly abusing a child. Otherwise... Keep your comments to yourself.
I keep my opinion to myself as well, unless someone asks for it or they are venting about something that I might be able to help them with (ex. potty training, etc. ).


Parents who do butt in really annoy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment