Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is it good parenting to let you kid run your life?

My friend trips me out. She has two sons who she claims are too onery to take anywhere, so she damn near lets the cupboards go bare before she goes shopping, and when she does go out with them, they know she's all talk and no action, so they cut up bigger than $hit wherever they go...except at my house. All I do is give them the eye and they chill the hell out. Anyways, what benefit is it to you, or your children to allow your kids to dictate your life and how you maintain the household? Why has all of a sudden kids been put on this magical pedestal? Hell, back when I was little, I could cut up if mamma was in the grocery store if I wanted to...she'd whoop my @ss right then and there and keep on shopping like nothing happened. Now here I am, 27 years old with a child of my own and a good job, a nice home, and doing well. I even take care of my nephews, because my sister always puts them off on me. I whoop their @ssess too. They respect me more than their own mother.Is it good parenting to let you kid run your life?
That doesn't sound like parenting to me.Is it good parenting to let you kid run your life?
to be honest I think you only posted this so everyone could agree with you and tell you how well you are doing. Maybe your ';friend'; needs help, support and advice from you instead of a slagging off behind her back





I think your additional comment says it all about what a narrow minded imature person you really are. If you cant have a logical discussion with an adult it's no wonder you have to resort to hitting children.
First of all, it is not up to you how your friend raises her children. Talk to many parents, even my mother, at a young age, you will not venture out into public places too often. Children are, just that... Children. Their minds need to be continuously stimulated. They do not think like us. So listening to mommy, isn't going to happen to easily. The reason parenting is so different now a days is because children are more understood. Yes, children need order and rules, but having them know when it is okay to do something, and when it is not okay, comes with time. Not to mention, she has more than one child, which makes things that much more difficult on her behalf. It becomes stressing to have to run all over the place, do what you need to do, and run in all directions as your children are getting into things. The younger the child, the hard it is. Obidience comes with age.
Your friend needs to start putting her foot down NOW. I love my daughter and try to give her as much freedom as possible, but she know if she steps out of line it's big trouble, which for her means... the chair in the corner! She hates it! Honest to god, you wanna see a 7 year old beg and plead? It's just a chair, but for her it's Hell.


Your friend HAS to follow through on your talk. She's not doing them any favors for when they're out in the real world on their own. My daughter knows if I tell her something, good or bad, I WILL follow through on it.
Discipline is the key for raising good children. It is not good parenting to let the child do what ever they want, to give them everything without deserving it, to turn them into parasites. There are basic needs, like food, medicine,clothing, education and love of course, but discipline is very important in order to raise a good human being.





BUT, discipline does not mean to ';whoop'; them. There are other ways, like taking away from them privileges, like a favorite toy, TV show, etc. And giving them a Time Out really works. Sometimes, parents ';whoop'; their children because THEY are angry at the child, and sometimes, bad things can happen if this anger escalates. You want your child to respect you, you don't want your child to fear you. And, you want your child to love you and feel safe. After all, you are the parent.
That's terrible. She needs to seriously discipline them right now. Not only is it bad for the mother, but she is hurting her kids by not disciplining them because they will turn into horrible people. They'll be disrespectful and never grow up. However, ';whooping their @sses'; is not the answer either. But yes, you are right.
I don't agree with either of your parenting styles but whatever works I guess. A child has to have discipline but you have to develop your own style of parenting and not just whoop their butts b/c your parents whooped you...but annnnyways
Spare the child and spoil the rod beat thier butts off until they get it right


when they do right they no longer get punished

No comments:

Post a Comment