Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why do ppl make a big deal about spanking or not spanking your kids its just a fraction of parenting?

...it would be a couple yrs b4 you would even have to consider spanking. I'm going to have my first kid in July and the first thing ppl ask is';if I will spank my child or not';why do ppl ask that with all the question you can ask a first time father why ask such a clitche question?Why do ppl make a big deal about spanking or not spanking your kids its just a fraction of parenting?
I feel spanking works with some children, while psychology works on others. If time outs fail, try spanking. But never do it out of anger. Also, once a child gets to a certain age spanking becomes less effective. It doesnt scare or mean anything to them anymore.


Im not talking about a all out spanking with a belt or some other object. But if you have a toddler that keeps getting out of hand and just wont listen while out in public where ';time out'; wont work a little tap on the bottom might get their attention. It doesnt hurt the kid, it just shows them who is boss.


As far as why everyone is asking you if you will spank, that is strange. I have no clue why someone would ask you that.Why do ppl make a big deal about spanking or not spanking your kids its just a fraction of parenting?
i can kinda understand why pep make such a big deal with spanking ,,with all those phycos out there,,,but i was spanked as a child,,but only if i realy misbehaved,,,i think my parents did a great job with me and my 2 brothers(all of us graduated from college and have terrific families),,,,i belive in disipline (slap on the hand) when ness. if more pep were firm with there kids,,,i think there would be alot less troublesome kids out there (drop outs ,,drug abuse etc),,but when it comes down to it ,,it depends on ur own opinion and how u were raised,,,just trust ur own judgement and dont be afraid to ask for advise when ur not sure
It continues to be a real hot topic--one that people get all hysterical about. I may be oversimplistic--but I honestly don't think it is just a small deal of raising kids.





Those who are against it--think it is just terrible--and therefor a big deal





And there are people like myself who think it is an important component of raising children--and therefor a big deal





And I think with a lot of people there is just the conflict: they tend to think that it might be a good thing but that goes against all the modern ';reserarch'; and etc. So it is something that is on their mind so they ask.





I actually think there is a trend with younger parents, like myself, back toward spanking. We are just sick and tired of spoiled brats and all the Nanny 911 type crap. It is something people are thinking and talking about more. And this is one of the reasons people are askig you the question.
while it is a cliche, I think it is an important thing to think about. You don;t want to get caught up in a situation later on and not have discussed discipline options with your significant other, or if you are a single parent not deciding ahead of time.





I spanked my child once, and while i love her more than i love myself, i got carried away, and I scared her and myself. i have never spanked again, we use different forms of discipline.





but in the end the choice is yours as a parent, and really no one else's business.
It's all in synch with American values, really. There's good reason why not to spank children although I'm a product of corporal punishment and I turned out okay. I think it's because the act is basically violent, and violence on kids only instills violence in them. Another choice point is to consider the emotional state of the punishing parent. If they're angry, don't you think that puts a little more ';negative effect'; on the relationship of one to the other? An angry parent might over do it.


I think the best thing would be if parents could be rational about mistakes, even bad ones. Reason and rationality are better qualities to learn by than anger and retribution.
Give the people who ask you a flippant answer like, ';My child will be so perfect he/she won't ever need a spanking.'; It's really none of anyone's business except for your wife.
spanking is often used when parents are 'out of control'. It is often done in anger and when the nagging doesn't work. I find that in control parents are calm, and never punish in emotion and don't nag. They sometimes will opt for a slap on the rear to make a point. Spanking itself is you hitting your child. That may sound ok when you are calm.. but when that kid pisses you off (and believe me, they do)... if you do lose your cool and spanking is your disipline style... you are hitting your kid out of anger. It is ineviteable
Because some liberals are stupid . They confuse it with child abuse.( which is more extreme)


The bottom line is you are THE BOSS AND TEACHER OF YOUR CHILD...

No comments:

Post a Comment