Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is it really true or a myth when it comes to parenting?

Is it true that most people don't want kids these days, or is that just a myth? I've been reading post from people saying no one wants kids these days.





Its hard to believe since for the newer/younger generation, there are tons of teen pregnancies and lots of girls are way too obsessed with being mothers in the future. Do they realize that the world is overpopulated ad f'ed up as it is?





So do you really believe that most people don't want kids these days or its just another rumor?Is it really true or a myth when it comes to parenting?
Yes there are people who dont want kids.. and i think thats nothing wrong with it.Is it really true or a myth when it comes to parenting?
interesting..


There may be more teen pregnancies, but as single mothers or single fathers, or even as young couples, they don't continue to pound out more as much because taking care of one child is hard enough because education requirements to get jobs are higher now.. it takes more pay than that from an entry level joe-job to take care of a family.


Whilst in the past, people married at a younger age, and had more kids in their lifetime and things were probably cheaper (my parents who immigrated into Canada had enough savings to buy two homes, but now immigrants coming to my city can barely afford the crappiest home in the crappiest area)


Teenage parents aside, plus womens' lib and everything, and encouragement of education and following career paths.. people find other things that are more important to them than taking care of another human being right now. So even if young girls are obsessed with being mothers in the future.. desires change
NO. I麓m in daycare, and I can tell you, without a doubt, that people want and love their children.





Surely what you were reading was a poster putting his/her own opinions on the rest of the world. Or maybe the people they know fit that profile, but overall, it is not true. And I think most families ARE small because of overpopulation. At least in the US.
I can't wait to have kids. I've wanted them for a while but I have some fertility problems despite being 22. I love to care for people, it is in my nature. I carer for disabled adults and I love my job. The only problem is that I want to be able to care for my own flesh and blood. I want to pass down my genes to the next generation and not just my morals. I think it is a basic human survival instinct to want to have children.





Having said that. I am very keen on the idea of teaching any children that I may have, how to be, polite, hardworking, proud, honest, use common sense, be respectful, the list goes on. I'm also against spoiling them and making life too easy for them. I am big on the idea of tough love.





I do become very annoyed when I see bad parenting. I think that there are a lot of people (not necessarily just teen parents, I'm also talking about baby boomers and other generations) that should not be having kids. I don't just mean people that are abusive either, there are plenty of parents who love their kids but just don't know how to raise them in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment