Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From your experience, what is the best parenting style ?

Being a parent first and a friend second. Be nurturing and loving, consistent, fair, patientFrom your experience, what is the best parenting style ?
my son is only 3 months and if im honest i dnt thnk ther is a best parenting style...iv taken so much advise from older,younger and wiser parents. . . .wot i shud and shouldnt be doin. to be totally honest u sort ov learn ur own way as u go on and get tired ov evry1 telling wot u can and carnt do wit ur baby.peoples parenting styles differ so much nowadays i would just try and see wot suites u best. one thing tho im a true beleiver tht no should always mean no!





good luk toFrom your experience, what is the best parenting style ?
I would have to say that everybody is different so that is the best parenting .
what is all this about parenting styles? when they act up I spank them and when they're good I reward them Nothing too stylish about that
Loving respect.





I have tried many forms of discipline with my children to get them to behave. I found the best thing is to treat them with respect and love at all times.





We have our family rules, and there are certain punishments that go along with breaking each rule. But you can give the punishments without belittling the child. I find that my daughters respond much better to this than yelling and spankings.





Our punishments involves a ticket system. Good behavior earns tickets, bad behavior loses tickets, priviledges cost tickets. Praise is given with tickets. When tickets are lost, it is explained to the child in a non-angry calm sit down, and ended with a hug and ';I love you!';
Your own. You have to see what works best for you and your child................
The best parenting method, supported by tons of research, is the authoritative style.
behavior/reward/privileges. and being consistent. I never found the need to hit my child...never was that unintelligent to where I couldn't parent effectively without hitting. I didn't argue, and I never negotiated. If my daughter acted up she didn't get any privileges, if she behaved she got her privileges. There was no television, no telephone, no computer, no games system in her room. She was allotted an hour a day on them and never just before bedtime. No she wasn't a ';perfect angel';...far from it. She has gone a week without the teleivsion, games. Just because they are there doesn't mean she has the right to play with them. I pay the cable bill, I pay for the electricity, I decide when and if they are played with...
Tough love.


Love means giving the child what is BEST for them, not what they WANT. Yes, there is a difference.


Oh, and be consistent. It produces better results!

No comments:

Post a Comment