Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Two for two parenting question, please help desperate?

First my 15mth old daughter has sucked her thumb since she was born how do i stop her from doing it, yes it's cute now but what happens when her teeth begin to spread. I need to stop her and i don't know how. Second my son's 3yr old b-day is coming the 27th of this month and i can't find an stores that sell scooby doo party favors. I don't want to shop on-line because you really can't see what it looks like. Can someone name some stores i can find scooby doo party favors and a adult size scooby doo costume i can rent? Besides Party City.Two for two parenting question, please help desperate?
My brother sucked his thumb until he was in first grade (about 6) and he had serious problems with his teeth. Way back then (50 years ago) the dentist told my dad to cut his thumb across the thumb from left to right, and then whenever he sucked, it pulled at the skin and hurt. He stopped immediately. I certainly wouldn't suggest that! They now make a plastic thumb guard that you strap onto the thumb and wrist to stop thumb sucking. Check out Leaps And Bounds.com (or do an Internet search for thumb guard) to find it.





As far as birthday favors, I've had excellent results with Birthday Express and Oriental Trading. I know they have Scooby Doo partyware and they will have it delivered in about 1 week.





For an adult Scooby costume, you can search the yellow pages for a local costume rental, but I usually find that a rental is about the same price as a purchase. You can try Buy Costumes, Anytime Costumes, Annie's Costumes, or Costume Planet, or Bad Planet (I've ordered from all of them). You can even go to the source, the WB shop. They all have the adult costume for about $65-70. Rots o Ruck!Two for two parenting question, please help desperate?
Have her carry a toy around to keep her hands busy. Use the special bad-tasting nailpolish on her that people who bit their nails use. When I was five, I had a blues clues party with all homemade decorations. Try that.
do not worry about thumb sucking-if it moves the teeth, that can be fixed later with braces (which most people will need anyways). look for party favors at some cheap stores such as walmart, big lots, etc. there are a lot of costume rental stores, but they are mostly local, not chains. look in the phone book.
Ask your peditrician about the thumb sucking. It can cause serious dental problems. There is stuff that they can put on her thumb that taste bad, but doesn't hurt her, it stops them from wanting to suck on their thumb. It is made just for thumb sucking. Your peditrician should be able to tell you what to do. Wal-mart and Kmart sell Scooby Doo stuff in some stores. Good luck.
1st that is a bad habit when i had my oldest my dad said that i would never break himof the thumb and i should give him a binky and i did and he said u can through the binky away but u can't the thumb sorry couldn't help much





2nd wal mart has scooby doo stuff for party's not sure about a costume
I had a pacifier baby and thumb sucking baby. I let them have both until they were ready to give it up. The pacifier baby gave up first, the thumb sucker was nearly seven before she quit. She is nine now, and told me recently that she still wants to suck it once in a while, but she knows if she does even once, she won't stop!!





I taught mothers day out at our church for a few years, and I was the most popular teacher there, because I never took children's pacifiers or blankets away from them at the door like most teachers did. I let them carry them all day.





Children always give their thumbs up eventually, and my children's teeth are fine. In fact, the only one of my 8 who has needed braces so far never sucked her thumb OR took a pacifier!!
,My nephew sucked his thumb until he was ten, his second teeth are lovely and straight.
1)My brother sucked his thumb until he was 6! His baby teeth fell out and now his permanent teeth are perfectly straight. It wouldn't worry about that too much.


2)Believe it or not, some dollar stores carry lots of party suplies. Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment