Thursday, May 13, 2010

Who's for birth restrictions and parenting competency tests?

Seriously, why are families with more than two children even allowed anymore? Why do we keep allowing the stupid to breed...just because you can make a child, doesn't mean you should. Making babies is, unfortunately, the easy part...Who's for birth restrictions and parenting competency tests?
If the parents are decent people who discipline their kids and support their kids with no help from the gov't, they should have as many or few kids as they want. If the gov't has to start helping, time to stop having kids.Who's for birth restrictions and parenting competency tests?
I am, because this world is too crowded as it is, and environmental dangers are imminent. I think it would lessen the severity if we did something to lower the birth rate, esp. in countries like the U.S. that drain resources and pollute like crazy. I doubt it would happen here, though. People get all high and mighty when it comes to their reproductive rights. The children that we love to put on this Earth will be facing all kinds of turmoil from the Earth as it rebels, likely in the near future. That is why I don't want children - I don't want future generations of my family suffering.
man I have been thinking exactly that for a while - they do a pretty good job of it in china - i doubt it would work in the states -


but I give myself comfort in the thought of natural selection - survival of the fittest - evolution -
Oh sure, let's let the government control us even more. We are supposed to be the land of the free. Remember....freedom, our amendments.





How about we educate people? This world is full of ignorance!
I will agree with you on the parent competency tests... you really need to be able to handle the responsibility of a baby before you have one.





But I happen to like large families... at least the ones where the parents know what they are doing, and are able to devote proper time and attention to each of their kids.
The size isn't the problem, even couples who are smart can raise good families of any size. The problem is when stupid people procreate.





Ie. I might be 14 with no boyfriend, job or education but I want a bay cause I think it'll look cute.
Well my husband and I have been trying to concieve for going on 9 months July 19th so no it's not easy to make a baby. Secondly my husband and I aren't stupid and neither are my extended family. Third the government CAN NOT order or place a restriction on how many children a couple can have. If parents can afford to have more then 2 children then they should be allowed to have as many children as they can afford. My brother in law has 5 kids, another has 9 and another has 13. My husband's country is cheap and the education and hospitals and medicine is free because the Government of Saudi Arabia pays for everything. In our religion which is Islam it is recommended to have large families not only to spread Islam but because family is an important part of Islam and so the eldest child can take care of his mother and younger siblings if the father dies and because families are really close to each other in Islam with grandparents living with their grown children and grandchildren.
I totally agree! We were just discussing that. I think you should have to pass a basic common sense test. Maybe that would cut down on parents murdering their children, or the need for foster care and SRS.
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment