Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Really stupid parenting question but when is it ?

time to let your child shower alone. i have a 4,6,9 and 10 year old. and sometimes my daughter 9 and son 10 comes out of the shower and i know darn well they did not wash their hair or do a good job. i dont want to make them feel weird, but come on shouldnt they know how to shower or do moms out there still help sometimes Really stupid parenting question but when is it ?
I think kids should clean themselves at 6 years of age. Get them body wash and they'll do their holy body with that sponge thing. I love the dove one.Really stupid parenting question but when is it ?
I have two boys 7 and 8 years old and I have allowed them to shower on their own for about a year now. At first I had to smell their hair after they got out of the shower to double check they had shampoo their hair ( they were trying to skip this step). The things that solved my problem was allowing them to pick a shampoo, body wash and wash sponge of their choice. They now enjoy taking a shower and they both both a good job.
ok i would say for the first month or so for your 9 and 10 year old let them shower on their own. But, on their way out of the bathroom smell to see if they cleaned!! the two spots would be hair like towards the roots and every day pick a different body part like leg or arm!!! And the 4 year hold put her in the bath and play with her with the bath toys!! For the 6 year old i would put her in the bath and talk to her or read her a story and on special occasion turn on the tv!!


Hope that helps
I started showering alone when I was 8 or nine. All children are different at what age they are ready to do so-at least that's what I think.





I personally think that you should make them feel weird and help them out. That way they will WANT to do it correctly themselves.





That's just my opinion though.
haha i remember when i didnt wash my hair/brush my teeth my mom would always say ';next time you better do it right or im going to stand in the room and watch you'; :D it worked lol





just tell them what they need to do or else....and if they still dont do it make sure you go through with what you said or theyll just think they can get away with anything
gezz woman, teach them about heigene.





no kid wants to be friends with someone who doesnt clean themselves.





and no teacher wants to be near a kid who never takes a proper showerr.





better take care of itt.
Just give them a warning that they should clean themselves properly. if they don't listen it's time to take action. Then thehy will realize that you want them to be clean.
The 9 and 10 year olds should be showering alone...don't expect them to be experts at washing, though...they will catch on eventually...
  • clown mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment