Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mothers and bad parenting habits opinions?

hello moms I was having a discussion about this topic with some of my coworkers and wanted to get some firsthand advice from all the moms out there. What do you think about mothers that are overprotective to thier kids? How about mothers that raise their children to be mommas boys? Dont you think raising a mommas boy type is a bad thing? Dont you think mommas boys have a harder time later on in life? What do you think?Mothers and bad parenting habits opinions?
I actually don't have a boy but honestly i don't think that its all the parents fault. I mean our job is to protect our children from danger and keep them ot of harms way. BUT i do think that we should give kids Independence. As hard as that may be with how the world is today.


''mommas boys'' do have a harder time later on in life but i think that is mostly to do with their own personality and not totally the mothers fault. I mean i don't know any mom that raises their child to be a mommas boy. Unless they do absolutely EVERYTHING for them.


I have to say before i had children i always said that my kids would have the best, i would be strict, keep them in line and give them alot of Independence and so on..but now i know how hard it is to do just that.


I guess you just want to be 'there' for them as their growing up.Mothers and bad parenting habits opinions?
I think raising a mommas boy is not a good thing. Being too over protective is not either. Our job as parents is to raise them to be able to take care of themselves. To be reliable, to be able to think for themselves, to take care of problems correctly, to to think on their feet and hundreds of other things. I think doing any differently stunts that and is not fair to them.
my cousin is a total ';aunties boy'; and he is in the 3rd grade. It comes down to the point that I absolutily can't stand him! He is so annoying and she does everything for him. She practically feeds him. She still dresses him and gives him baths. That's crazy! I feel bad for him cause it's not his fault. So please don't raise your kid like that. Also he weighs over 100 and is in the 3rd flipping grade! It's all her fault and I wish he would be more independant
Yes ... we do tend to be more protective than moms were in the past ... but then times have changed ... there's a big cruel world out there now!


It's important to be vigilant but that doesn't mean you have to 'smother', coddle and overprotect your children so that they don't know HOW to face that big cruel world out there AND it's not just the mom's job to do it alone ... it's mom AND dad who TOGETHER are responsible for raising confident, savvy, responsible kids.
I don't teach my 3 year-old to become a mummy's boy (he's Aussie so he has a mummy, not a mommy). I don't do everything for him. At his age, he can only try to get dressed / undressed and tidy up his mess. Obviously I still have to butter his toast and pour his milk but wait a couple of years... He does not even get room service (poor neglected child...), he has to clear off his plate and cutlery after dinner too.


All going well, he will be house-trained by the age of 18 and make a woman very happy, a bit later hopefully, there's no rush.
I think women that raise their boys to be complete momma's boys have a bad self image of themselves so they need someone around all the time that loves them . You can teach your son to love and respect you but not be completelt dependant of you.
I think that instead of being a momma's boy, he should be raised to treat women properly/respect women








Depends what you consider to be overprotective.
I think that children who grow up with a mother tend to be more well rounded in general. I have a little boy, and I tell you the part of raising a little boy and being the mother is more difficult for myself than it is for him. Try raising a child the opposite sex from you, it's very difficult to raise a little boy because ';boys are different from girls';. I think that you are missing the most important part, that a child is nurtured and loved. Just because I am a mother of a little boy does not mean that I am not going to let him take a fall every now and then. Right now I am a bit overprotective because he's two, but that is because he has no idea the danger that lurks from pulling things off of counters or sticking that toy into the plug in. When he gets older I want to be a little protective because children despite the fact they think they know it all, could not know possibly as much as the parent. As parents it is our job to not screw up, if we do pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off like we teach our children, and protect our children. When they are old enough to understand the consequences and have picked up a few scrapes and bruises along the way it's up to them to live their life the way they want. I can sleep (after years of not being able to) peacefully and hope that I did a great job. Guess I will know huh? Oh and on the note of the mamas boys remark, I will never poke fun at a mommas boy again. Before I became a mother, my husband and I were dating at the time years ago, and I frequently complained that he was a mommas boy, until his mom died. Then guess who felt like crap then?

No comments:

Post a Comment