Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My proposed topic for my paper is domestic violence and its affect on parenting

I don't actually have to conduct research, but I do have to propose a research. How do I decide what methodology to use and is my subject matter specific enough? Help!My proposed topic for my paper is domestic violence and its affect on parenting
i don't think it's specific enough. you would have to concentrate on the effect it has on parenting, but what aspect of it? basic care, extended relationship, abuse, discipline, love, respect. stuff like that.


for example: does domestic abuse correlate with harsher punishment with disipline?


also, what type of domestic abuse......husband against wife, or wife against husband? both would make totally different outcomes.My proposed topic for my paper is domestic violence and its affect on parenting
The best way to approach this is to do a lit review at the school library in Psych Info (which you'll have to do anyway). First you will see what the focus has been in previous research. Second, as you read the articles you will get an idea of what methodology would be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment