Sunday, May 9, 2010

Can you share your thoughts on parenting firstborns?

I just heard a fellow on the radio say that the defintion of a firstborn child = crash test dummy! If you are a parent or a firstborn will you please share your thoughts on this.


I have apologized to my oldest child for the things I wish I had done differently and asked his forgiveness for the mistakes I made that hurt him. I think I've done a much better job with my third. What has your experience been? Thanks!Can you share your thoughts on parenting firstborns?
Well, I'm sorry but parenting is just like anything else you've never done before. Trial and error live and learn. I know how you felt about apologizing...but it wasn't necessary. You did the best you could with what you had at the time. You always do better with later kids because you've learned from the first. Did you firstborn turn out ok? If so, there is nothing to feel guilty about. But I have 4 and my two oldest turned out ok...I don't know about the two youngest yet lol...still have along way to go. Also their personalities are going to have a bearing on how you treat them as well. Mean personalities might warrent more/ more severe punishment( I don't mean beating the kid either) and some others might just need a good talking to, to understand what they did was wrong. It is and always will be nip and tuck with kids, I don't care what the ';experts'; (which I notice most of them don't have children) say. I hope this has helped relieve some of your guilt.Can you share your thoughts on parenting firstborns?
My son the first born is the best of 3. Very independent, caring, smart, responsible, has wonderful manners, loving. I need to work on a few of those qualities with my two daughters.
from the first child i think u gain wisdom on the do and doesn';t on parenting cause i became a first time mom at 18 an now i';m twenty an there r so many things i wished i could have done differently because i never really got the opportunity 2 be a mother because i was living with in laws an this was first grand an my mother in law bossed me around 4 my child the first 10 months of my baby';s life an now we moved out but i grieve for that time an i have learn so much it';s hard to reajust some times but its a wonderful experince i wouldn';t minding doing again it just takes alot of patience
I have a 3 year old son and he is my frist child and parent hood has been fine my child dosen't want for anything I displine him and everything is fine i haven't had any problems
I think that is so true. When you are first a parent you truely havee no idea what you are doing. And really you just make up the rules as you go. It helps you to figure out what worked and what didn't. And teached you no to make the same mistakes twice
You do the best you can. Yes, you will make mistakes but there is no manual to go by. The most important thing is to love your children.
  • clown mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment